If You Have Pain During Sex, Of Course You’re Less Interested in Sex…


If You Have Pain During Sex, Of Course You’re Less Interested in Sex…

Here’s how to identify the root cause of your uncomfortable sexual encounters and what to do about it.

Not only can having sex hurt physically, but it can also hurt emotionally.

Pleasurable sex seems to work for everyone else, but it doesn’t work for you or your partner. This might leave you feeling bewildered, upset, and even angry.

The good news is that there are numerous ways to alleviate the discomfort; the first step in doing so is figuring out what might be causing it.

Pain during sex has lots of Causes

Painful sex is often thought of as something only women or people with vulvas experience – but it can actually occur for everyone, regardless of your sex. 

Superficial and deep pain

For women or people with vulvas, pain can be practiced both at the arrival of the vagina, as well as deeper within the vagina, and this can make vaginal sex difficult.

If your pain is related to the entrance of your vagina, this can also make everyday things like wearing tight jeans or riding a bike impossible, because you’re constantly in pain.

This pain is usually referred to as vulvodynia and though there are currently no global studies on how many people experience this, it’s estimated to affect up to 8-10% of women worldwide.

In addition to being linked to medical conditions like endometriosis, which frequently results in deeper pain perceptions, painful sex can also be associated with life stages such as menopause or manopause (male menopause). Sex can hurt due to everything from thrush to persistent skin disorders.

Absence of bodily arousal may occasionally be the cause.

Not giving your body enough time to become aroused before engaging in specific sexual activities, such as vaginal penetrative sex, can also result in pain during sex.

If vulvas are not given enough time to develop sexual excitement, intercourse can be uncomfortable for them because they are not lubricated, which results in painful friction rather than enjoyable friction.

Other times, rushing into penetrating sex before your vagina has had chance to deepen with desire is just as unpleasant as painful friction during intercourse. If the thing piercing your body reaches your cervix before you are aroused, it may cause severe agony.

Men and those who have penises may also experience pain during penetration; this discomfort may be linked to conditions like taut foreskin and foreskin straining or pulling during masturbation and intercourse. The majority of people who suffer from this kind of pain have an uncircumcised penis.
However, conditions like an irritated prostate or even stiff pelvic floor muscles can also cause pain during sex. In a moment, though, more on your pelvic floor.
It’s critical to discuss your partner’s issues with you in any situation involving uncomfortable sexual relations.
It might be painful or humiliating to even acknowledge that you’ve been hurting during sex. Actually, a lot of individuals who are in agony tend to keep it to themselves for this very reason.

However, in order to truly give your body an opportunity to feel pleasure, you must have candid discussions about sex in order to work out solutions.

Your body may tense up, resulting in closed or rigid pectoral muscles.

Our bodies are intelligent. So smart, in fact, that your body may attempt to shield you from the agony during unpleasant sex by physically blocking the vagina from opening. Your pelvic floor muscles tensing up on their own causes this.

The muscles of your pelvic floor extend from your pubic bone to your tailbone, resembling a hammock. They engage in a wide range of activities, many of which are connected to our core. However, they also have a role in erectile function and orgasms.

It can also be nearly impossible to do non-sexual tasks like use a diva cup or tampon during your period when your pelvic floor muscles strain.

Involuntarily contracting pelvic floor muscles can also cause pain during intercourse and urination in persons who have penises.

So how do you Solve this?

First things first: in order to determine whether there are any medical reasons for your discomfort, it’s imperative that you see a doctor.

You should seek out a medical practitioner who can conduct a gynecological examination if you have vulvas. You should consult a urologist if you have penises.

Your doctor should provide you with a treatment plan for the discomfort you’re experiencing during sex as soon as they understand what’s going on, and this may frequently entail the assistance of multiple specialists.

  • These could be a gynecologist or urologist (who might provide topical treatments), 
  • A physiotherapist (to help with pelvic floor difficulties), 
  • A sex therapist (to help with getting your desire back and eliminating fear surrounding discomfort.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are makes.